BRIHAN MAHARASHTRA COLLEGE OF COMMERCE (Autonomous), Pune
In pursuance of its Action Plan for Performance Evaluation, Assessment and Accreditation and Quality Up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposed that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC is an integral part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. Our IQAC was established in the year 2005. The college has undergone three cycles of assessment and accreditation and scored ‘A’ grade in all the three cycles. The college has been recognised as the College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) by the UGC. Recently, we have been awarded the ‘Autonomous’ status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in the year 2017. This year our College has entered the third year of autonomy. As per the guidelines for creation of IQAC by NAAC, the IQAC composition of our college is as follows:
7.Dr Jagdeesh Lanjekar, PrincipalChairperson, IQAC
|Prof.A.B. Deshpande Former Principal, BMCC
|Shri.Milind Kamble, Founder, DICCI
|CA Chandrashekhar Chitale, Central Council Member of ICAI
|Dr. Ravikumar Chitnis, Pro-VC MIT World Pe ace University
|Academician and alumni
|Shri Mahesh Athavale, C.S, Vice Chairman, DES
|Pramod Rawat, Chairman-College Development Committee, BMCC
|Dr. Jagdeesh Lanjekar
|Dr. Ashish Puranik Vice Principal
|HOD Law and taxation
|Dr. Prashant Sathe
|Dr. Rajesh Kuchekar
|Dr. Rajeshree Gokhale
|HOD, Business practices
|Ms. Bharati Upadhye
|Ms. Vinaya Hasamnis
|Dr. Varsha Deshpande
|CA Smruti Patwardhan
Objectives of IQAC:
- To provide congenial working environment to all stakeholders of the college.
- To assist them to perform effectively.
- To establish good governance for maintenance and enhancement of quality in Education
- To give due emphasis on co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of the college
- To maintain equity by bridging gender and social gap.
- To provide suggestions to staff and student for improving quality of performance
- To develop a sense of belongingness and respect among students for democratic values and understanding of social responsibilities
- To monitor and supervise various activities of the college
Please Find attached AQAR 17-18 ,AQAR 16-17 in PDF form.
Dr Varsha Deshpande Dr J.R. Lanjekar
Co-ordinator IQAC Officiating Principal, BMCC